Manage the digital assets in your collections management system
Museums and archives have a significant amount of digital content, including media generated when describing and digitising physical objects, and also born digital assets that are part of the collection in their own right. Our collections management systems have the functionality to manage all of these digital assets.
Handling digital assets within the collections management system allows you to manage all your collection data in the one system, providing a holistic view of the collection and reducing the costs and time associated with managing more than one system and supplier.
Expand the points below to find out how our solutions can help you to:
- Manage a wide variety of media types: audio, image, moving image and documents.
- Manage both born digital and high quality reproductions to OAIS standards.
- Easily edit metadata.
- Facilitate workflow processing.
- Interact with 3rd party editing programs (e.g. Photoshop) to create new assets or asset versions.
- Integrate with deep storage devices such as StorSimple / Black Pearl.
- Ingest metadata and create derivatives and proxies.
- Create efficient workflows to manage digitisation and ingestion processes.
- Link digital assets with physical collections and manage in one system.
- Create effective tagging systems.
- Quickly find and group assets with easy to use search functions.
- Search digital assets alongside physical collections.
- Create links between digital assets and physical collections.
- Save pointers to assets within the DAMS application.
- Integrate with your website to publish collections online.
- Track and analyse the use of your collections online.
- Integrate with e-commerce systems to monetise your digital assets.
- Manage rights and assigned licenses effectively.
- Implement digital preservation strategies.
- Monitor and report on Bit-rot and create automated reports.
- Manage mass file type conversions.
- Generate user-based reports.
- Make use of robust server backup procedures.
- Manage user permissions and authority to ensure data protection.
- Stay in control of which collections are publicly accessible and which are confidential.
- Store full audit trails of movements of records and collections.
If you already have a digital asset management or digital preservation system and would like to retain it, we can integrate these with our collections management systems using our API.